The National Organization for Women Political Action Committee supports candidates for federal office who are committed to achieving full equality for women. Endorsements are based on a broad feminist agenda, including the following priority issues:
- Reproductive freedom without restrictions. NOW affirms that reproductive justice is a human right. This right includes access to safe accessible abortion without restriction based on age or ability to pay. Reproductive freedom also includes access to reproductive health services, effective birth control and emergency contraception, the right to comprehensive sex education, and the right to decide whether to have, or not to have children.
- Civil rights for all people—with emphasis on Lesbian and Gay rights and racial justice. Equality will not be achieved until every person can pursue their dreams free from all forms of discrimination based on their gender or gender identity. Ending discrimination requires that marriage benefits not be denied to those who choose a life partner of the same gender. NOW advocates civil marriage equality. We condemn racism in all arenas, and advocate for equality with the awareness that racism intersects with sexism, poverty, xenophobia, homophobia, and disability discrimination to disproportionately disadvantage women in the U.S.
- Economic justice and equity for all women through empowering, non-punitive welfare policies, and through legislation, education, and organizing focused on equality in jobs, pay, credit, insurance, pensions, fringe benefits, and Social Security.
- A constitutional amendment that guarantees women's equality, reproductive rights, and non-discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- Affirmative action ensuring equal opportunity for women and people of color.
- Ending violence against women through full reauthorization and adequate funding of the Violence Against Women Act, and advocacy for education, intervention, and prevention.
If you are a federal candidate seeking NOW endorsement...
The first step is to contact the NOW organization in your state. NOW state organizations conduct screenings for candidate endorsements, and make endorsement recommendations to NOW PAC.
Find contact information for your state NOW organization or chapter. If your state NOW organization's contact information is unavailable, please email NOW's PAC.
If you are a local candidate seeking NOW endorsement...
Because of state election law restrictions, the National NOW Political Action Committee does not typically endorse candidates for state and local office, but many state and local NOW chapters have their own PACs that endorse candidates for state and local office.
Find contact information for your state or local chapter. If your chapter's contact information is unavailable, please email NOW's PAC.
Thank you for your interest in NOW PAC. To learn more about the National Organization for Women, please visit www.now.org.